Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1997 Honda Passport

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by thenygiants31

Good Looking Truck for a decent price......

by thenygiants31:      Dec 29, 2001

Pros: Good Looking Truck, Will Last a while
Cons: Small rear window, Tire Rack Rattling
The Bottom Line: Great Truck but there are a few things that could be fixed on it!

I got my 1997 Honda Passport for christmas. It has been an excellent truck for the most part. I got the truck with around 76,000 miles on the truck which is a lot for a 1997 but that is why it was such a great buy. We got the Passport for $10,600 which is an AMAZING deal. It is the EX model which has Leather Seats, Heated Mirrors, 4x4, Sunroof, Cassette, AM/FM radio, 12 disc cd changer, privacy windows, and it was also Honda Certified which means that up to 100,000 miles we get alot of repairs for a discounted price. A car with all of these accesories are listed at over $14,000 so this was an amazing steal.

So far the truck has been great. Nothing bad has happened although there are a few things that are annoying and might make some people be worried. The spare tire is mounted on the back of the SUV which blocks most of the Rear Window so to look behind you, you should really get used to using the side view mirrors, as you can't really see much out of the back window. Another annoying thing that the car has is the spare tire rack rattles alot when going over bumps. I am not sure why, it may just be a few loose screws. I will check it out and if I fix it I will update my epinion. The third and final annoying and worriful thing is the ticking that comes from the engine. It sounds like something is wrong with the engine but from what I have read they say its normal in the engine. I am going to have a mechanic look at it and I have also had a few suggestions about putting additives to the oil so again if I figure something out to stop this I will update my epinions.

For the most part this is a great truck. It handles well. and has an AMAZING stock sound system!

Amount Paid (US$): 10,600
Condition: Used
Model Year: 1997
Model and Options: EX, Leather, Privacy Windows, 4x4, Auto, Sunroof, 12 disc cd changer
Handling And Control: