Read Reviews (16) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1997 Mercury Sable

View all reviews by sableskye

I can't believe this car is 8 years old!!

by sableskye:      Dec 22, 2004

Pros: Comfortable ride, Premium sound system, Luxurious interior, Lots of extras.
Cons: Exterior design not quite a sporty as it deserves!!
The Bottom Line: I just drove a 2005 Ford FiveHundred ($25,000). It couldn't touch my "new" 8 year old Sable ($8000). This is the nicest car I have ever owned.

I just bought my 1997 Mercury Sable in October '04. We were looking for a good used family sedan or SUV and we wanted to pay cash plus trading my 96 Contour. We were on a tight budget and I am PICKY!!! So, you can imagine what it was like trying to find the right car!

Every dealer that we went to brought out the most rusted out piece of junk they had on the lot and they actually thought we might be dumb enough to test drive it. Several times we just walked away without even saying word. Then other dealers tried to get us to "finance" even though we told them very clearly that we wanted to pay cash after our trade. What a mess!!

Finally we went to Warner Robins Ford in Warner Robins, GA and they wanted to deal! We told them what we were looking for and they immediately brought this car out of the back (I think they might have been saving it for someone else.) At first I did not even want to test drive it. I am a 30 year old mother of 2 but I still want to believe that I am cool and sporty!! The exterior of that car just didn't do it for me at first. But, we decided to drive it anyhow.

WOW! Was I impressed!! This thing rode like a dream and even my kids like it. The sound system was incredible, the a/c system was 1st class and the leather interior made this car seem much more expensive that it was. It did not have a cd player but I talked the salesman into putting me a 6 disc changer in as part of the deal (they actually installed a 10 disc changer). The only thing it lacks is a sunroof. My husband was very pleased that it only had 62,000 miles on it and he loves the Duratech V6 engine. Everytime he stomps the gas to pass someone my 6 year old daughter says "Daddy, there goes all the gas"!

I bought my children's Christmas gifts this year and kept them in the huge trunk to keep them from finding it.

I am very satisfied with my 8 year old "new" car and I would recommend the Sable and Warner Robins Ford to anyone. I will certainly be a repeat customer of both.
Condition: Used