Read Reviews (12) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1998 Sonata

View all reviews by katielady418

Great Car, Affordable Price

by katielady418:      Dec 17, 2002

Pros: Very Reliable Car, lots of room, very quick, handles roads excellant, no major problems
Cons: things tend to come off easily, paint chips very easily, not so great on gas
The Bottom Line: Excellant choice if you want a reliable car for an affordable price. The old saying goes "You get what you pay for" I guess the saying is not always true.

Previously having a Hyundai Elantra I knew somewhat what I was getting myself into upon purchasing this car. I knew first off that Hyundai's were excellant cars, the elantra I had before never gave me any problems the year that I had it. That was until I totalled it! (oops!) After I totalled it I knew right away that I wanted another Hyundai, I just didn't know which one. My Dad had a Sonata before and I had rememberd what an excellant car it had been for him. I don't think he had any problems, besides minor one (fuses blowing, recharging the air conditioning etc.) After I thought for a couple of weeks I decided I wanted to purchase a Sonata. I was on a tight budget though. My brother had told me to try looking on e-bay, because they had a lot of nice cars, for great proces. I was kind of hesitant about buying a car off of ebay but I decided why not? After having the car shipped to me (the car was actually $4,500 $500 shipping fees) I tested it out. It drove excellant! There were of course the few minor problems that every used car comes with such as a few chipped off paint spots, and the ciggarette lighter didnt work. I have had the car for some time now (about 6 months) and have not had ONE major problem with it yet.
Amount Paid (US$): 5,000