Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1998 Mazda Millenia

Is it really worth buying?

by b_hartin:      Apr 3, 2000 - Updated Apr 14, 2000

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Good Looking, handles well
Cons: Engine quality

The Mazda Millenia- a really nice look for the money, but how long does the look last? When I bought my Millenia, I found out that looks are the ONLY thing I paid for. I didn't however pay for an engine . I bought my Millenia in 1998. I was absolutely impressed by this fast driving, sheik, sporty looking car. That goodness lasted all of about 9 months. We started having problems with our engine cooling. It was always running hot and I kept replacing the water, in the winter it was coolant. The next thing I know, the engine was blown. Shattered metal was all through the engine. It looked like a blender got a hold of it. I called the manufacturer and they said it was a fluke and they could do nothing. A fluke I had to pay for. A $3,500 fluke. I was not the best person to be around to say the least. That was just for a used engine. The new engines cost seven grand. As soon as I replaced the engine, it went to the auction. So the real question is do you want to pay for looks or quality? Its your choice. Unfortunately with the Millenia, you don't get both.

Recommended: No