Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Overall very good used-car buy

by dockhday:      Nov 29, 2001

Pros: Excellent handling, very smooth ride, roomy interior, lots of options, very affordable as pre-owned vehicle.
Cons: Has some issues with rattling sounds under dash, in rear, and elsewhere. Gas mileage marginal.
The Bottom Line: I would recommend this car if you can score a deal as sweet as the one I got. Look for lowest miles possible and it's a steal.

If you can find the 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass used and with fairly low miles for a reasonable price, you will be getting alot of car for your money. Mine has run beautifully in the months that I have owned it and it really handles like a car should. I drive it about 40 miles round-trip to and from work each day, and do a great deal of city driving with it.

One issue I have noticed is that this is a very very noisy car. While driving I am often turning the stereo down to try and pinpoint the source of one squeak, rattle, or whistle or another. I had a couple hundred dollars worth of work done under the dash to eliminate some serious rattling there, but it did no good. It rattles continuously. Also, this vehicle gets pretty lousy gas mileage. The take is only about 12 gallons and I end up filling it every 3-4 days or so. I haven't used it for too many highway miles so I really don't know how well it does on that.
Condition: Used