Read Reviews (26) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by Ice_Cycle

99 jimmy

by Ice_Cycle:      Dec 22, 1999

Pros: Good power and surprising handling for a SUV
Cons: Be careful with blind spots in comparison with a car

My wife and I own a 1999 Silver Jimmy SLE. We have had it for about 10 months and we love it.

I wanted to let readers know and I hope this does not happen to them but we were just in a accident with the truck three weeks ago. We were at a traffic light about to go straight through when the light changed and the truck was hit on the drivers side corner of the front bumper. The car that hit the truck was a 1992 Saturn. The car hit the truck as the person was making a turn through the light and did not yield. She hit the truck at around 20-25 miles an hour. The car was totaled and the truck sustained three thousand dollars damage. When I first saw the car I thought our truck was badly damaged, but it basically had bumper, grille and some light fender damage due mostly from the fender supports.
The truck is pretty solid considering the hit it took.

We just received it back from the shop and its perfect again. I wanted to just give this feedback as far as safety is concerned if anyone is looking at this vehicle from that standpoint. Otherwise it is a fine SUV and fun to drive.

Handling And Control: