Read Reviews (83) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1999 Forester

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by snyderfour

Forester S with Leather is perfect

by snyderfour:      Mar 26, 2006

Pros: Price, Handling, Design, Comfort
Cons: Backseat snug for adults
The Bottom Line: Buy it if you can find it, but I haven't seen too many for sale used.

When I first saw the Forester, I thought it was missing the window frame and would likely have a lot of road noise. Boy was I wrong. My hubby coerced me to try this vehicle and I absolutely love it. We got the leather option with the heated front seats and heater dash and side mirrors.

It is just heaven in the wintertime. We go on family road trips and it is the perfect size. The can fit things for us and for our two children. The Forester is also pretty good on gas. We get about 29 mpg on the highway and that is with a fully loaded vehicle.

The only thing that would make the Forester better is if the back seat were a bit roomier. However, since my hubby and I are both 5'6", we realise our children aren't going to be the tallest people on the planet. Our Forester will likely accomodate our children in the backseat into their teens and adulthood. The Forester will probably last that long too. It is a very well made vehicle, runs very clean and is so efficient.

I was thinking that it would be great if Subaru made a minivan or an SUV that accomodated more than 5 people. However, as my hubby wisely pointed out, having a 5-passenger vehicle prevents us from becoming the taxicab in our circle of friends and relatives.
Condition: New