Read Reviews (24) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 X5

Handling And Control:

To good to be a SUV.

by Troylo:      Apr 17, 2000

Pros: Nice body, Powerful V8, Top Quality Sound System, Great Handling
Cons: If only it was cheaper so we could all have them

I drove this before it was even being sold in the US. One of the perks of having a dad that works for BMW. From the first time I got into it I was in love. The factory stereo in it is amazing, the sound quality is crystal clear and it has deep sharp bass. Then the display for it with all the lights and LED's was like the inside of an airplane cockpit.

So me and my dad took it out in the Minnesota winter with all the snow and ice on the roads. When we first pulled out it was very smooth going over the curve and the xenon lights were very bright making vision extremely clear and crisp. The second we got on to one of the longer roads I put the petal down and we were gone. I've driven in a lot of fast cars and this makes some feel slow. Then when we took the first turn and the auto traction control kicked in and evened us out, allowing us to make a tight turn at a fairly high speed on ice. Finally we got out on a main road and I really got to see the speed this V8 provides which was around 80 when we were on a 45 MPH road, and my did didn't even care I was in heaven.

Need less to say this car is well worth the 50,000 it and I would definetly recommend it as a good bye.

-BMW LOVER