Read Reviews (27) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Buick LeSabre

2000 Buick LeSabre

by karyl:      Dec 17, 1999

Pros: Fun to drive, good gas mileage
Cons: Intermittent problem with windows, recall

I purchased a 2000 Buick LeSabre shortly after they came on the market. It is without a doubt the nicest car I have driven in many, many years. The ride is excellent (I got what I call the "mushy" ride)and it is just fun to drive.

The only problem I have had with it is an intermittent one. On rare occasions, the driver's window won't go down. Of course, since it is an intermittent problem, it is very hard to find the cause. The local dealership is wonderful, and they are trying to figure out the "whys and wherefores".

It has had one recall since I have owned it. A quick trip to the dealership, and it was done.

I drive this car to work and back every day - a round trip of about 35 miles. Gas mileage is between 22 and 23 miles per gallon. Not bad for a big car! My husband's little pickup with a smaller engine doesn't do that well. This is mostly what would be considered city driving, so if you do more long trips, the mileage should increase accordingly.

This is the first LeSabre I have owned, but not the first Buick. To me, a Buick is the best car to own. I have had less trouble with Buicks than with any other auto I have owned, and this 2000 LeSabre is my favorite.