Read Reviews (27) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Buick LeSabre

View all reviews by hangarbob

coolant leaks

by hangarbob:      Nov 25, 2002 - Updated Nov 26, 2002

Product Rating: 3.0 Recommended: No

Pros: comfortable
Cons: $$$1700.00 to replace upper and lower coolant gaskets @ 46000mi.
The Bottom Line: I'll never buy another Buick. In 37000 miles, tires shot, transmission dropped, rotors were turned twice and the coolant intake gasket was shot. Two year old vehicle too many repairs.

I purchased this vehicle brand new for 26 grand . I have already had major transmission problems that the dealer took care of. Recently it started to leak coolant. I took the vehicle to Lane Pontiac of Melbourne and they informed me it would cost $434.05 to replace coolant intake gasket,and if the bottom gasket was bad it would cost me over $1700.00. I have keep this vehicle in top condition by changing oil,fuel and oil filters at required intervals.I have a two year old vehicle that is not even half way paid off and I have got repair bills out the you know what.I need a dependable vehicle to travel a 100 miles round trip daily I'm seeing now that the Buick and any other GM product might not be what I need. I should mention that I do not have the extended warranty, but strongly agree that GM should build a more dependable ride. Next time I'll go and buy a dependable car from Japan.Another union job lost due to poor workmanship or product Were is America going . How can the little man survive.
Model Year: 2000