Read Reviews (84) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Ease of Loading:

2000 Chevy Silverado LS 1500 Ext. Cab. 4 door Z71 w/8' bed

by waldmana:      Aug 24, 2004

Pros: Power, Space, Smooth, Looks, Handling and ABS
Cons: I'll let you know when I find one worth mentioning.
The Bottom Line: Get one or get a newer one, but always buy used. Read full story to see why.

I bought this truck just one month ago. I bought it used, and I absolutely love it. I have owned a couple of pickups in the past. Both were Dodges and were good trucks. I DO NOT like the way the Fords look or the new Dodge trucks. However, the style of the Chevy is timeless. I decided to buy used cause there is no way I can afford a brand new 4x4 pickup that costs high twenties to mid thirties. I would never pay that price for any vehicle. I will pay 17K for a used one though, and that is what I did.
The ride is incredible. It blows away my previous Dodges. It is smooth, quiet and responsive. The truck feels very solid and tough. This truck has 62K miles on it but the engine runs like it is new and it looks like it is new. The person who owned it before me must have taken very good care of it.
Inside this truck I have a bench seat (cloth) with power drive and power passenger control. The rear seat is incredibly accessible with the 4 doors (2 suicide). I love it! The room is like no other truck. I can now fit both of my kids in the back and they have plenty of room. Not just kids either, there is room enough for adults as well.
The radio has a CD player, but the quality of sound is so-so. I am use to a system that puts out quality like a house system. I guess it is ok for now, but I will be replacing the speakers to get a good base reflection.
The gas mileage thus far has been about 16 in the city and 20 on the highway. I can't complain since I have a 5.3L V8. Plenty of power and so very smooth.
The 4x4 works great. I just reach down and pull the level to 4H and off I go. Never been stuck and don't think I will be anytime soon with this baby.
Loading and unloading is pretty easy. The reason I say pretty easy is cause with my Dodges it was easier. Reason being, they were lower to the ground.
Looks! You can't beet it. The Chevy is very aggressive looking, the right height, and has power and eligance to back up anything it is put to. Great truck and I am so very happy with my purchase. BTW, if you are smart you will always buy used and let someone else take the depreciation hit first. Also, always get the vehicle inspected by an independent mechanic prior to buying. They can identify any problems or potential problems before you sign a contract.
Condition: Used