Read Reviews (65) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Dodge Intrepid

View all reviews by timsbella

Who knew a domestic could be so good???

by timsbella:      Dec 30, 2003

Pros: Bought it for the price and the look, love it for the incredible value.
Cons: Takes time to adjust to slope of hood/windshield shape and length of car.
The Bottom Line: Great mileage, cheap maintenance, comfy ride, excellent room, handles very well in the winter. Looks hot!

It's been a full year since I bought my 2000 Intrepid - I have been nothing but impressed. I have always owned new cars, usually Toyota or Volkswagen driving them for 6 years / 180K on average. For $12K (Canadian $) I purchased an ES model with 105K on the odometer. I drive 40 - 60K per day, much of this highway. Mileage is excellent - spending about $35 (Can $) per week in gas. Everything is electronic - seats, windows, locks, etc - and I feel very spoiled by the user friendly dash. I'm 5'4, my husband is 6 feet - both are very comfy in the seats. Heating and cooling are quick and effective. My kids love it that they can sit in back and have a vent just for themselves from the centre console. Lots of leg room for big people too back there. Excellent design to maximize interior space. The trunk can hold all of my son's hockey equipment (he's the goalie) and still have room for a full grocery run. Handling is great for Canadian winters - wide wheel base and autostick feature offer me more manoeuverability than anticipated.

I bought the extended warranty, but haven't needed it. Maintenance has only been routine oil, etc. Body is in excellent shape and no sign of our salty streets causing damage. Paint is much more chip resistant than a foreign model of similar quality. I've spent about $160 in maintenance in the past year.
Condition: Used