Read Reviews (178) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Accord

I'd probably buy one again...

by rleneh8r:      Mar 28, 2002

Pros: Same Honda reliability - Requires little maintenance
Cons: Always sounds like the windows are down when they're not!
The Bottom Line: If you can afford it, buy it - if it's too high for your budget, buy a top-of-the-line Civic sedan (the new design is super nice, too!)

I really like this car a lot - traded in a Granada Black 1996 Civic HX coupe for it. Miss that Civic, but don't have much to complaint about in my Signet Silver 2000 Accord EX-V6 sedan. The only thing that bothers me the most is that it always sounds like the windows are down, the air noise from outside is THAT loud. I took it into the dealership to ask about it, and they said that I "shouldn't expect it to sound like my Civic, it's a different car." Exactly! $10,000 more for the Accord, the car should be soundproof compared to my Civic, & it definitely isn't soundproof. Other than that, it's been a very very good car. Always lots of room for just about everything, the controls are all within easy reach, and the exterior design is nicely classy, not overdone - just right for my idea of the "perfect family car," which is why we bought it! It's very comfortable on long trips, the leather holds up so well (I hate looking at faded upholstery), & the gas mileage isn't so bad (just wish that gas prices were not so high...$1.87 where we're at.) I would probably buy this car again - mostly because I love Hondas, & I would prefer to trade this car in after it has 100,000 miles on it.
Condition: New