Read Reviews (21) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Nissan Frontier

Ease of Loading:

View all reviews by Rogers_Mike

2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner 2WD...READ THIS!!

by Rogers_Mike:      Feb 26, 2001

Pros: This is a great truck but please consider this...
Cons: If you buy it expecting to haul the family, please consider this...
The Bottom Line: If you need a solid, inexpensive truck to drive to work and want to take it out for some occasional "fun"--then you may have found the truck!

I purchased a 2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner XE V-6 2WD pickup, and I recommend it under most conditions.

I wanted a useful pickup truck to drive to work, and for some occasional hauling/towing on weekends. I was shopping a price range (around $17,000) that put me between a totally loaded 4 cylinder and the Desert Runner V-6 package with less options. Here's the difference. The Desert Runner XE package gives you the clearance and suspension of the 4WD, but in a 2WD V-6. It's an extended cab with "jump seats" behind the front bucket seats. The jump seats will accommodate kids or small adults for short trips, but I use the area primarily for work "stuff." If you spend a couple thousand more, you can get the SE version, with all power packages/conveniences.

The V-6 shows good power/torque when coupled with the manual shift transmission. The air conditioning is very good, even here in Arizona. I average 17mpg regardless of conditions, which I believe is a little on the thirsty side.

If you're looking for a solid, inexpensive truck for some occasional "fun," consider this one!
Condition: New