Read Reviews (97) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Saturn L-Series

my daughters 2000 Ls2 what a joke!

by hjkhh:      Jan 9, 2009 - Updated Jan 9, 2009

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Paint looked nice
Cons: Mechanicle nightmare! Only dealer can work on and expensive to have fixed
The Bottom Line: Don't buy a saturn if you like to work on your own vehicle!

My daughter bought a 2000 saturn LS2, used from a dealer. Car seemed nice,although I've never owned a saturn,and she had already bought it and brought it over to show my wife and myself. Wish she would have asked me to check saturns reputation first! She's owned it for about a month, and started having one thing after another happen with it. I needless to say am her regular mechanic now! The transmision shifts hard into gears, sometimes not at all. Check engine light comes on to fix something all the time. She couldn't get it started for 2 days, so I towed it back to my house and went through it again. I found the positive battery cable. Coroded all the way to the starter and alternater. So I started to replace the 100.00 cable, and oh my god what a job! For a battery cable! Who designed this car? What a joke! It took me 2.5 hours to replace a battery cable! Oh by the way, if you own one of these, and need to replace a starter or alternater, don't EVEN try to think your gonna do it yourself! And back to the battery cable. The dealer charges 350.00 to replace this part, in tacoma washington anyways.so that should tell you something about how they put this piece of junk together. Now her car sounds like a diesel! Her traction controll would never turn off, he cruise controll never would turn off,these are things I haven't had time to figure out since she bought it.I would never buy one of these vehicles! Toyota has always done me great! And I can work on them! I wouldn't recomend buying a saturn to anyone, that thinks they can fix a problem when it arises! Get a vehicle you can work on! I Mean really, 350.00 to replace a battery cable! Please! Me, buy a saturn??? Never! Never! Never!
Condition: Used