Read Reviews (32) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Impreza

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, Great Automobile!

by ggetek:      Sep 12, 2003

Pros: Reliability, braking, steering, acceleration, exterior styling, gas mileage
Cons: Small back seat, small trunk
The Bottom Line: Great reliability, steering and braking, acceleration, gas mileage, comfort (for the front seats anyways), and out of this world styling make this car fun to drive and practical.

The advantages of this car are as follows:
The 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS is one of the sportiest looking cars on the road today. Not only is it sporty but it's also practical for everyday driving. The vehicle has a lot of ground clearance, due to the rally inspired design, so for moderate off road use the vehicle can hold it's own. The AWD design is a trademark of all modern Subaru vehicles and it serves its purpose well! AWD allows for great tire grip under fierce acceleration. The AWD feature also helps to grip the pavement under just about any weather condition. I never realized how useful AWD can be until I drive my Subaru! I have yet to get the vehicle repaired, the only minor problem I have encountered is the annoying CEL (check engine light) which seems to be a bit sensitive. It would occasionally come on after I fill up the gas tank, and would simply go off by itself after about a day or two. The gas mileage is above average, after a few performance modifications to my car I managed to increase my overall MPG to 27, which is outstanding for an AWD vehicle. The overall comfort of the ride is good, though the back seat can be quite cramped. For a tall person such as myself the front seats are surprisingly comfortable, but the back is not quite as roomy. The turning ability of this car is incredible. The vehicle is small and relatively narrow so you have no trouble pulling into those hard to get in parking spots. The vehicle also has great emergency handling and I could do a U-Turn on most two lane roads. The braking of this car is quite impressive as well. The car has no trouble stopping under normal driving conditions and the few times I've had to break suddenly in the case of an emergency the brakes served me well. The transmission shifts smoothly and acceleration is quite impressive for my 4 cylinder automatic transmission Impreza.

The disadvantages of this car are as follows:
The rear seats can be quite cramped, especially if there are tall adults in the front. The cabin could be a little larger, but at least it's far more comfortable than just about any other small vehicle I've been in. The trunk is also quite small, so this vehicle has little to no cargo capacity. The rear seats do not fold down or allow you to have a small passage that connects the trunk to the cabin.

This is an extremely exceptional car and I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Great reliability, steering and braking, acceleration, gas mileage, comfort (for the front seats anyways), and out of this world styling make this car fun to drive and practical. I wouldn't give up my Impreza for the world, and if you're looking for a sporty yet economical vehicle this is the one for you!

Amount Paid (US$): 12,800