Read Reviews (53) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Tacoma

Ease of Loading:

View all reviews by drccorley

2000 Prerunner-V6 TRD

by drccorley:      Feb 15, 2000

Pros: Torque, Clearance,Style,Dependability
Cons: Rear seats have enough room for a couple of big dogs

Why: Great looking truck, hate getting stuck in the snow, and fantastic pulling capacity

Just recently I purchased a model 2000 Toyota Prerunner. After test driving the extended cab, V6, Toyota Racing Developement (TRD), I was hooked; bait, line, and sinker!

The ride is super, kind of like a Caddy with 12 inch clearance. TRD has
really fine tuned the suspension and the Blisten gas shocks are perfect.

I was attracted to this vehicle after reading about Ivan "Ironman" and about his incredible victories made in the Baha 500 and 1000. One article mentioned Ivan being a chiropractors worse nightmare. Now being a chiro who as loves road racing and sand dune hopping, I was off to the nearest Toyota dealership. Four hours later, I was back at the farm and putting her thru the pace.

The truck is 2WD and has the slip differential. It climbs steep grassy slopes with ease. The torque produced by the V6 is amazing. I later learned the V6 is the same one found in the Tundra. I have a 1991 MR2 and I'm sure that the truck would beat her in the 1/4 mile.

I guess I haven't own this truck long enough to discover anything I hate about her, but I'll let you know if something arises.

Ease of Loading: