Read Reviews (41) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 DAKOTA

Ease of Loading:

View all reviews by grand_national

A Work of Art

by grand_national:      Mar 10, 2001

Pros: Solid, dependable, comfortable.
Cons: Back seat small for adults and rear facing car seats.
The Bottom Line: If you want a very dependable, and versatile truck, at a bargain price, make the 2001 Dodge Dakota your choice.

In December of 2000 I bought a 2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Pickup extended cab with a 5.4 magnum V-8. I couldn't be happier!! It has ample room in the front seats which are 60-40 split with room for a small third passenger up front(a child for instance). The back seat is small for adults, but I knew that going in and since there is just the two of us and occasionally young children, that was fine with me. The bed is 6 1/2 feet long and the whole truck is SOLID and dependable with absolutely no mechanical or other problems.

I bought this vehicle because I have a couple of acres and needed the availability of a pickup, but the comfort of a car and we got both. The truck handles very well, the seats are very comfortable and recline, if needed. Very tall and large men have ridden in the front seat commenting on the leg room and comfort. Mileage per gallon is approximately 20-22 mpg on the road and 17 mpg in town.

Would not recommend this extended cab model with someone who needs to put a car seat in the back seat--just not enough room, especially for rear-facing car seats. Once the child can face forward, it would not be so difficult. The sound system is outstanding and includes a single CD player and tape player. The system also has controls on the steering wheel which allows for safer driving not requiring one to take their eyes off of the road to change stations or control volume.

This truck has Shift-On-The-Fly 4-wheel drive and is easy to shift into 4 wheel drive, as well as handling extremely well in snow, mud and ice. Good looking body style often commented on by others.

Amount Paid (US$): 24,731