Read Reviews (14) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

Ease of Loading:

View all reviews by pepprman98

2001 Ranger Edge, A Great Buy

by pepprman98:      Jul 20, 2001

Pros: Great Compact Pickup
Cons: No V-8.....Yet
The Bottom Line: Bottom line, if you need a truck for light hauling or even some major hauling, this is the truck for you, and your budget.

I was in the market for a new vehicle for work. I wanted a pick-up, but didn't want to spend a lot. I had read about the Edge package in a magazine, but they only showed the 4.0, and it was out of my range. When I went to the dealer, told him what my price ranger was, he offered me an Edge. Come to find out they make a 3.0 of the same truck. This truck comes STANDARD with: A/C, Fog Lights, Raised Suspension, 6-Disk In-Dash CD Player, 15 in. Alloy Wheels, Cruise and the New Edge design.

It had snowed prior to my visit, so I could test it out in the harsh climate. So I took the Yellow one off the lot and drove it around. Great ride, quiet, responsive etc. Got back to the Dealership, and I bought the Red one on the showroom floor, hehe. Since I bought the truck, on the 29th of Dec., since then I have put 9900 miles on it, had 3 oil-changes, and NO problems. Granted, when I bought it, they had Wilderness AT's on them, but they have been of no trouble, and I am on the waiting list for new tires as we speak. The only thing other than routine maintenance I had to do was on the driver side rear mud flap, one of the bolts was coming loose, and the other had never been put in. When I got my last oil-change, the dealership put in a new bolt, and tightened the other one, free of charge.

The truck runs like a dream. With the windows down, stereo up, it's all bliss. The box is big enough to carry most anything I can throw at it, even with the flare sides. There is plenty of interior room, both behind the seat, legroom, head room, and storage if there isn't a passenger. The only complaints I have is that I couldn't afford the 4.0, Super-Cab etc.

In short, this is a great truck, for a great price.
Condition: New