Read Reviews (14) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Ease of Loading:

2001 Frod Ranger-fleet

by pravey:      Dec 14, 2001

Pros: Highly functional, reliable and affordable
Cons: Not good for long road trips, really only good for two people
The Bottom Line: This is a very affordable and functional truck for anyone who doesn't need a larger "hauling" truck. I haven't had any problems or factory malfunctions with the truck.

I purchased my 2001 Ford Ranger in December of 2000 and have been very satifsfied. My particular model is a "fleet" model, not the more common XLT version, however the pricing was significantly lowered. If plush seats, fancy pinstrips and hip rims are'nt your thing I highly suggest the "fleet" model. The performance is just as reliable and the price is alot lower. For the near year that I've had it I've only experienced one electronic malfunction, which was likely due to my inexperience in cassette player installation, I did not correctly match the wires. The dealership, Bob Baker Ford-San Diego, was great and it was even covered in the warranty. They fixed the "fried" chip and correctly installed my cassette player at no charge and had my truck towed from the place where it broke down. I've used the Ranger many times to help friends move heavy equipment, etc. and have had no problems. Overall, I believe the Ranger to be a good deal and a very reliable and functional truck.
Amount Paid (US$): 14,000