Read Reviews (14) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Ease of Loading:

18 MONTHS AND READY TO TRADE

by oldmandj:      Dec 2, 2002

Pros: NICE TRUCK FOR THE BUCK.
Cons:  GAS MILAGE ISN'T GOOD WHEN LOOKING AT THE POWER SPECS
The Bottom Line: The edge, the middle of the road in Rangers. Between the XL and XLT, it's a good truck for the mini truck catagory. Operating costs rival full sized trucks.

This was my second ranger. My Edge is a regular cab 2wd with a 3.0. Listed at $17221. It is a sharp little truck but the beauty is only skin deep. My truck is bad on gas 17hwy and 13 city. The horse power is awful 127 with after market add ons. It was put on a dyno. It isn't big enough to tow big things. Putting a good stereo in it has been a nightmare. It had flaking paint and has a new bumper. Contrary to other reviews it does not have a standard in dash 6 cd changer. A single unit is standard. Aside from these things it's cool. It rides high. It can accomadate 31x10.5 tires to beef up the wheel well. Ford does not recommend this. Mine only gets the bigger tires when it goes to show. The cab is tight for a larger guy, I'm 6ft 210lbs. Over these specs forget it. I have been told how cool it is and I liked it for the 18 months I've had it but if I'm paying this kid of gas I'm going to switch to the new Hemi Dodge in 6 to 10 months.
Condition: New