Read Reviews (9) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab

Ease of Loading:

View all reviews by myfordescape

Say Yes to Sonoma

by myfordescape:      Aug 3, 2001

Pros: Get up and go goes good, very powerful, nice ride, dash set up well
Cons: no back speakers for radio, low 4 wheel drive shifting a bit confusing to operate
The Bottom Line: This is definitely a sharp, dependable, and comfortable ride. We feel we made a good investment!

This is a snappy little pickup...has the 3rd for our daughter to ride in back. Seems really powerful for a "little one". Like the color pewter...hides lots. Had a little trouble with it having alot of scratches at the dealership and a wheel off balance on the get go but that all got taken care of and we really enjoy it now. Went from a full size 1988 Silverado(Chevy) with 220,000+ miles so this is a dream. The stereo is nice but could use some back speakers. The air seems to work quickly and efficiently. Gas mileage is as it says. Smooth shifting and not much cab noise is great. It could have used power locks and windows but being the only one we could find we took it anyway. We have the SH package which comes with the hitch and HD suspension and dealer installed tonneau cover...but the dealer when installing scratched the box up to heck and had to "wheel" it out. Unfortunately without repainting it they could't fix it all the way...gave us two free services on it but couldn't knock off price as we were GMS purchases....of course. But nonetheless we are very happy with it and can't wait for snow!! (It is 85 degrees here today!)
Amount Paid (US$): $18,200.00
Condition: New
Model Year: 2001
Model and Options: LS, EXT Cab, 3rd door, cd player, dealer install hitch and tonneau inc
Ease of Loading: