Read Reviews (24) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 Lincoln LS

Not bad for the first time around

by fballs:      May 12, 2001

Pros: American, Styling,...
Cons: Not quite a BMW, and options
The Bottom Line: Great for the first try, now lets see how they improve on it.

I currently have a 2001 Lincoln LS as a company car. I got it fully loaded with the sport package. I was glad when this car came out because my boss only gets American company cars, and my only option was a Buick Park Avenue...yeah right. So not I have a black Lincoln LS which is way better than any buick. It has all leather, 17" chrome plated alloy wheels, select shift which lets you go from automatic to essentially a clutchless manual shift, 6 disk in dash alpine cd changer 6 speakers, power sunroof, and a 3.9 liter V8. The car handles pretty nicely, it has an advancetrac system for when you slip and stuff, the brakes are good and the steering is responsive. The cars styling is nice because it copies the european sports sedan styling. The sport package also includes a stiffened suspension which adds to the performance. It has pretty good acceleration, definetly more than enough for the average commuter with a little need for speed. It is comfortable to drive and the CD player is nice. The steering wheel lets you switch from radio to cd, adjust volume, switch tracks/go through the presets, and instant phone mute...and of course cruise control.

Now here are my problems. I'll start with he small things. The driver has auto on his window when going down, meaning when he presses it to go down he can let go and it will keep going. I feel that it should also have it for going up and available for the front passenger. The options suck. You can't get the bright Xenon lights like on BMW's Benzs or even VWs. There is an awesome sound system option that you cant get if you get a package, like the sport package which is what you have to get to have the bigger wheels and the select shift. With more than 2 people in it it starts to get crowded. The back seat is definetly not for larger people, it does have a shoulder seat belt for the middle passenger. Ok back to the problems. The 3.9 liter V8 is disapointing. It gives you some power but it is pretty weak for the heavy car, I think that I read that the 0-60 is like 7.8 sec...damn that is weak.

It is a new car, hopefully Lincoln will fix these options problems. And i really hope that the replace the 3.9 V8 with the 5.0 the put in the Mustang GTs. We'll see, it's a good car though, and it wont take much to make it a serious threat to the Germans.

Amount Paid (US$): 44,000