Read Reviews (8) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View all reviews by qalphonse

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS

by qalphonse:      Apr 30, 2003 - Updated Jan 14, 2004

Pros: 215 horsepower V6, quietness, Bose sound system, sunroof, chrome wheels (heck GLS package)!!
Cons: Interior plastic, blinking lights
The Bottom Line: LIKE I SAID, if you still want one, make sure it has the updated warranty or you may be sorry!!

I just got my Intrigue on April 29th and I am extremely happy so far. The power comes from a 3.5 Liter Twin Cam V6 that generates 215 horsepower. The transmission is extremely smooth. I got a chance to drive it one night and the power is very SUDDEN, no hesitations at all!! The Bose sound system is nothing less than great. 200 Watts of power, you definitely feel the bass and with no distortion whatsoever at high volumes. The interior is spacious with heated leather seats. It just makes you feel luxurious. I just can't get over the power, it comes like a jet (a powerful surge, and off you go). I am just pleased with it so far; the chrome wheels makes it look even more better than stock Intrigues. I would highly recommend this car; I just hate it that Oldsmobile will stop making this car. That means the engine will be gone and the Bose. Chevrolet Impala LS and Pontiac Grand Prix GT or GTP won't even match it either (the GTP does exceed it with power). It's just almost the "perfect car". Well after about 8 months of ownership, there has been a few reported imperfections. My crankshaft sensor went out and then worked "mysteriously" after that. Now, when I turn, I feel a vibrating sensation through the accelerator pedal. Could I need some new CV joint? Good thing it's still covered with the 5 year 60,000 mile warranty. I also see where some Intrigue owners experience blinking lights. I also am noticing that too; but only on really cold nights. I read on the internet that it's something to do with the Fuel Injection system that cranks out too many watts and that's when you see the "christmas lights". So, overall the Intrigue is a pretty good buy. BUT if you still want one, make sure it has the 5/60,000 mile warranty or you might not be to happy.
Condition: Used