Read Reviews (16) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 Pontiac Sunfire

Don't ever buy this car!

by tkeds:      Oct 21, 2003

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: amazing stock stereo system is about the only pro I can think of!
Cons: seats squeak, very noisy car
The Bottom Line: I don't think anybody should buy this car. You may like it at first, but after a while, you'll understand the problems we've been having.

Anyone who is looking for a car...don't look at this one! I have never seen a car so horrible! My fiance bought this car brand new in 2001. He bought the GT model with all the bells and whistles. It only has 45,000km on it and it's now 2.5 years old. He bought the car because GM had 0.9% financing and now he's stuck half way through the financing. We've talked to car dealerships and they have told us that in order to get out of the financing of this car, we would need to come up with $6,000!!! The following are things that have been fixed/replaced so far on the car and still aren't in proper running order: brakes and everything to do with the brakes (done at 36,000km!!!! ridiculous! and we were told that this wasn't even due to rough driving! this was a NORMAL thing!), shocks squeak, inside panel for passenger side mirror rattles, windshield sounds like it's going to fall off, sounds like there is a bird in the glove box, seats squeak when accelerating and braking...the list goes on and on. Personally, the only thing that I like about this car is the stereo system and the cool, sporty look of it. That's it.
Condition: New