Read Reviews (16) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2001 Pontiac Sunfire

View all reviews by abcrombie86

Sunfire??? Don't know bout the FIRE part!

by abcrombie86:      Apr 9, 2003

Pros: Compact, large storage spaces, 5 cup holders!, awesome CD player, great gas mileage
Cons: seats are ugly, no power windows! ughh!, makes creaking noise when turning.
The Bottom Line: It really depends on what your looking for in a car. If you want all the accesories and stuff don't buy it.

When they say sunfire... are they talking about how great it is when your stepping on the gas trying to get up to speed? That's one thing I hate about this car. It takes forever to accelerate in this thing! I like the original AM/FM/CD player. It has so many features I still haven't figured out what they all are for. I like the huge glove compartment... large enough for a full-size turkey! Whoa!

The standard 2001 SUNFIRE doesn't come with any features what-so-ever. You have to purchase them seperately. That can get expensive. Gas mileage is excellent 33 for highway driving! The back seat folds down to expand the size of the trunk. (Oh, and no trunk release on the inside of the vehicle.) It's a sexy, sporty little car for a teenager but I wouldn't recommend it to an older adult. It's very small, I'm 5'8 and my head just about touches the ceiling.. thank god for the sunroof!

Overall: Its a great car to have if your just using it for driving to work or home. Backseats are "ok comfy" but not for relaxing on for a road trip from Wisconsin to Florida. The car gets a little noisy when your accelerating, but isn't that the thing for teenagers these days? -To have a "loud" car??!!

Amount Paid (US$): 9,626