Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 Chevrolet Tracker

Handling And Control:

Perfect "mini truck" excellent in snow

by csamol:      Jan 9, 2005

Pros: excellent in snow economical with gas and purchase price plenty of storage room
Cons: not much pick up
The Bottom Line: I would highly suggest this truck because it is all you need to get you virtually anywhere. The fancy stuff does the same job for much more money.

If you want a vehicle that will get you through rough terrain then this is the perfect vehicle. I went from a 1997 ford mustang to the 2002 chevy tracker because I needed something that would safely help me stop and go in the snow. I have had this truck through quite a few snowstorms already and it has been able to get me out of virtually any situation with its 4 wheel drive. It has a 2 high, 4 high, and 4 low. The 4 low is only needed on severe circumstance to get you out of a stand still stuck-deep in the snow bind. I haven't even had to use that yet because 4 high has always done the job.

As far as the stopping goes, I would highly suggest getting the anti lock braking system. That is what I have and it works very well. I went from the mustang with no anti lock brakes to this car and it works wonders for me. That is actually the main reason that I got this car.... for the snow circumstances and the anti lock brakes.

I have the 4 cylinder engine. That is fine for me because it is very economical as far as gas goes. It gets great gas mileage. I have been able to go well over 300 miles on one tank already. The only down side is that it does not have much pick up at all. If you want the version with more pick up then I would suggest the 6 cylinder.

It also has plenty of back space for luggage or what not and a luggage rack on the top. I am able to attach my snowboarding equipment to the top and I have a snowboard rack that works perfectly.

All in all, if you need an economical car that will do the job, this would be ideal.

Amount Paid (US$): 13-14,000