Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 Chrysler Sebring

View all reviews by gabegamauf

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4 cyl

by gabegamauf:      Nov 6, 2005

Pros: great looking in and out reliable price smooth ride white faced gauges
Cons: 4 cyl is slow headroom tires wear quickly
The Bottom Line: Good overall family car

Our sebring is the base model, the only option it has is the 16 alloy wheels, instead of the 15 inch rims with hubcaps. It has power windows locks and mirror, tilt, cruise, air conditioning and a cd player. There is a manual lumbar ajustment on the drivers side that to be honest doesn't make much of a difference when you change the position. The car is attractive, its white outside, black inside with a woodgrain dash. It has an AM/FM single cd player (factory) that sounds pretty good, and goes quite loud, with great bass. We bought the car used in march of 2005, at that time it had 69,000 kms or about 45,000 miles (i think) Right now (nov 6th 2005) it has 104,000 kms, or about 65,000 miles, and we haven't had any major problems, we did have to replace the front tie rod ends on both sides, we did rotate the tires and i do notice that the front tires do wear quite fast. Currently i notice that the car pulls to the left when driving, so the steering might need an ajustment. Also the brakes, which I think are still the original are going to need to be replaced soon, but I think 100,000+kms on the factory brakes is great! If you have the choice, I would deffinately go with the V6, the 4 isn't horrible but you really need to push it to keep up with traffic and it sounds strained even under normal conditions. It's alright on gas but not awesome. I have noticed that sometimes, maybe every 5th or 6th time, right before you stop, the last shift down the transmission makes is sort of rough, but theres never been any problems other than that. I am 6' 2" and I find it kinda tight for head room, the top of my head is about an inch from the ceiling, and even with the seat all the way back, I would like to have more legroom, The car would be comfortable for 4 people, and the ones in back not being any taller than about 5'10" cause the back window swoops reallllly low, i have to duck when I sit back there... But over all, for what we paid for it ($11,000 canadian) at a new car dealer - it was a lease return, it's been a pretty good car. It rides smooth and handles well.

Amount Paid (US$): 12,000 CAN