Read Reviews (37) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 MUSTANG

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by aquaharmony

Tame this Pony!!

by aquaharmony:      Oct 15, 2003

Pros: Stereo Handling Looks Power Classic appearance/ design Fun to drive
Cons: Trunk Space Interior Options Gas Mileage
The Bottom Line: If you are single, no kids, get the Mustang. It has stood the test of time, virtually shutting down all other "pony" car builders.

I am loving my 2002 premium coup mustang. I have the silver body with the dark charcoal interior. I must admit however, after owning a white 1998 pony, I was disappointed to see the interior had not changed much at all. The same simple, plain interior options were a let down, in that they were boring. The interior seating has seemed to change, in that it is more plush and classier. I did not go for the leather, but I am thinking more, I should have. Ford should seriously rethink the interior options via the dash. My 1998 had an option where you could have the fan placed at your feet and upper body at once, that option is out in the 2002. I will state I am in love with my sound system. For a factory system, it is not sheepish at all. It thumps base like I have 15" subwoofers and the 6 CD dash changer is also lovely. The options to customize your tunes and their sounds is also nice. The only drawback, assuming cassette tapes are not used as much, is the 2002 model I have, does not come with a cassette player in the dash, the 1998 model did, but it also had only 1 CD you could have in-dash.

I am the typical mustang enthusiast. I love the throaty deep growl the car possesses and you can even get this without upping the extra $3000-$4000 for the GT model. I like the smoother than normal ride for a sports car I get from my Stang, but the rear wheel drive can be tricky, especially in rainy weather. The ABS and tracking system Ford has installed, kind of gives a little more peace of mind to the driver. I was also blown away at the horses on this engine! The V-6 is powerful, although not as powerful as a matched model of some other "pony" cars, but it is punchy. My 1998 was a five speed, but I could only get the paint and interior I wanted in automatic, which does not totally disappoint, but take off can be draggy. This car seems more "sedan-like" than the older models. The long hood is still there and I happen to like the over-sized scoops on the premium coup models. Bottom line, this is a sexy car that moves just as sexy, just be careful on the slightest curve. Wear your seat belt, so you won't feel you are being thrown out.
Amount Paid (US$): 22,000.00