Read Reviews (43) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 Odyssey

Ease of Conversion:

THE BEST

by tomsmom:      Jan 4, 2002

Pros: Size, leg room, large storage in back, magic back seat, sliding middle seat
Cons: No negotiation on price, hard to find-
The Bottom Line: Love this van, after looking at every van made, this is absolutely the best out there!

We knew that we wanted a minivan now that we are expecting our 2nd child, but we knew nothing about them. We couldn't have done more research. We searched and searched to find the most information about reliability, safety, etc. In every case, we found the Odyssey to be at the top of the list. Consumer reports rates it their #1 van for reliabilty, safety, and resale value. We were concerned about the fact that there is no negotiation on sticker price, and most Honda dealers will give you a 2 to 3 month wait for your new car. We compared apples to apples with the Toyota Sienna and the Nissan Quest, and found that in every case, the Honda actually gives you more for your money, even without negotiation off sticker.
We also looked into buying used, and found that they are very hard to come by and the prices are pretty high for used. We decided to buy.
Note: AVOID THE 1999 van! This was the first year that this model came out and they have had problems with it!!!!
We cannot say enough about our new van. It is so much more roomy on the inside than the other vans. We also love that we have more room behind the last seat than in other vans. We purchased an EX, so we have the power sliding doors on both sides that are a dream come true. Our only worry is that the sensor stop on the doors is not sensitive enough for little arms and legs.
The controls for the driver are wonderful, very easy to reach and read. We also love the flip table between the two front seats, which allows us to have a table there, but also allows for easy access to the rear.
I would highly recommend this van!!!!
Amount Paid (US$): 27,190