Read Reviews (31) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 Nissan Xterra

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by warwicksail

Great car at an even greater price

by warwicksail:      Mar 18, 2003 - Updated Mar 18, 2003

Pros: Great quality, rugged look, great off-road
Cons: Without the supercharger, the engine lacks a little power
The Bottom Line: With all the features included and quality, you can't get a better SUV for the price.

I have had my Xterra for about a year now and still enjoy every minute of driving it. I think it is one of the coolest looking cars on the road. The reliability is outstanding and the price is very reasonable. However I am going to start out by saying since this is an SUV, the gas milage isn't very good. I get between 16 and 18 miles to the gallon. The car has a 19 gallon fuel tank, you it is possible to go quite a distance. I also have the 4X4 so that does hurt the gas milage. I have the 3.3 litre V6 and am happy with it, but it could use maybe a little more power. Also the front seats start to get tiring on long car drives. Now for the up side, this vehicle is very agile with a great turning radius. I go camping a lot in the back woods and the Xterra handles very politely over all terrain. The back seats are also nice. They are raised like stadium seating. It helps keep people from getting car sick in the back seat and also keeps the people in the back engaged with the people in the front. The suspension is very nice, it rides real well with the Independent front suspension system. There is plenty of cargo room and seat anchors for a car seat.
Condition: New