Read Reviews (11) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 Oldsmobile Alero

View all reviews by red_alero

2002 Alero 37,000 miles less than three years old and is worthless junk

by red_alero:      Sep 25, 2003

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: The interior is coming all unglued and buckled in about 2 years old.
Cons: Neither the manufacture or dealer will stand behind their product.
The Bottom Line: The dash and three door pads came unglued virtually over night. One day it looked find, the next day it was all pulled apart and buckled.

It is a pretty to look at automobile. It drives nice on the highway. I bought mine on 15 JULY 2002. It just turned 37,000 miles while I was on vacation.

When I returned the dash pad and three doors had come unglued and very badly buckled. It looks much like an old washboard.

I took it back to Dan Cummings dealership in Paris, KY where I bought it. They refused to do anything about fixing it since it turned over 36,000 miles while I was on vacation.

I have contacted the GMC Customer Service Department to see if they will fix it. So far they have not returned my calls as promised.

When I try to call them back, all I can get now is a recording for me to leave a message.

The dash came unglued virtually over night and it has caused it to depreciate thousands of dollars.

It has taken the value down so much that there is no way I can even trade it off.

Since both the dealer and the GMC manufacturing is refusing to repair their shoddy workmanship, I have no choice but to drive it.

I am planning to have big yellow lemons painted on it so every one who sees it will know it is a lemon.

If you have one with the dash pad and door pads still glued, you might not have for long.

I purchased mine on 15 JULY 2002, drove 37,000 miles and the interior is completely falling apart.

Good luck if you own one. My suggestion is to get rid of it as soon as you can before--you end up like me--owing thousands of dollars on a piece of junk that the interior is falling apart when it is less than three years old.

View the pictures of the dash and door padding of my 2002 Alero with 37,000 miles and less than three years old that has become unglued and buckled at:

Amount Paid (US$): $25,000.00