Read Reviews (57) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 Saturn S-Series

Built for me

by jungyha:      May 19, 2004

Pros: No dents, Gas savings, Lots of room
Cons: Lack of power
The Bottom Line: Gas price is sky rocketing and teens get more violent on car doors :-)

I had studied Saturn SL1 for 4 months before I bought mine. I read almost every epinion about SL1 no matter what they hate or love the car. I picked 2002 because it is the last year of SL models (They got "ION" for the substitution.), they fixed most of the problems on the model such as oil consumption etc.

The things I became to like Saturn are that this car is lighter than other car thanks to polymer body and that it has many safty touches for kids, for example, child security lock doors which only can be opened from outside if engaged. Did I mention that the curb weight of VW Jetta is almost 600 lb heavier than Saturn SL1? That's a weight of 3 adults, right?

Anyways, I bought my Saturn from used car dealer, and I took a trip about 1,200 kms back and forth right away within three adults and a baby. One full tank was just enough for the trip! We were amazed by that, I didn't drive through praries but mountains. But nothing can be 100% satisfied, when the car climbing up the mountains, I felt a bit of power lack. Well, the car was full with people and boxes, though.

My Saturn doesn't show it's gas saving magic in the city as expected, but I am a 99% satisfied user.

Condition: Used