Read Reviews (22) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 XL-7

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by bourbonrebel

XL7 = Excellent Value

by bourbonrebel:      Nov 22, 2001

Pros: Plenty of Space, Japanese Quality
Cons: No cargo space with 7 passengers on board
The Bottom Line: Suzuki have come up with a nice all-round SUV that feels tough and reliable.

I have been driving my Suzuki XL7 for 6 weeks now, and I must say I am very impressed with it. For the money this is one heck of a Car with rear air conditioning, 16-inch aluminum wheels, and an AM/FM stereo system that includes an in-dash CD player. Safety isnít overlooked either with anti-lock brakes, fog lamps, and anti-intrusion bars in the doors.
I have the Automatic version with 4 Wheel Drive. I picked the XL7 mainly because I wanted a ĎProperí 4WD with low/high Range and a separate chassis. I also looked at the Honda and the Mazda, but their 4WD SUVs are basically built for the suburbs rather than the rougher roads. Donít get me wrong, performance on the Highway is just as important to me as efficiency on the rough stuff. The XL7 handles the Highway as well as a standard sedan , its V6 engine gives plenty of smooth power and the separate chassis ensures a quiet and smooth ride. Basically this SUV is the best compromise between a rugged SUV and a Sedan that I have ever come across.
Any problem areas? At this stage not really, the luggage area is quite small with all the seats up, but I guess if you have 7 people on board you canít expect a lot of room to be left over.
Suzuki have come up with a nice all-round SUV that feels tough and reliable, if you want a ĎProperí 4WD without buying a Full Size SUV you should check it out..
If you think that you may have read this review peviously, that's because I mistakenly submitted it for the 2001 Model:)

Amount Paid (US$): 20990