Read Reviews (31) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2002 RAV4

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by mhallereno

Fit all my needs!@#$%

by mhallereno:      Jul 25, 2002 - Updated Aug 1, 2002

Pros: Styling,Paint (Rainforrest Green),Quiet,Very comfortable Seating.
Cons: Engine power,Gas Mileage.
The Bottom Line: My bad back loves the driver's seat & getting in and out.(Heighth) The beautiful styling is head and shoulder's over the competition.

I wonder if the Honda CRV designers had any preview of the styling, of the competition ,the Toyota RAV 4. I was shopping both vehicles. Just parking the two together, could quite possibly make the buying decision for you. The Honda is a BOX on wheels. The Toyota is an ARROW slicing through the air!

The styling is wonderful. I am also very happy with the room the driver has. I am 6', 200 lbs. I don't have the driver's seat all the way back,and after I adjusted the front seat I sat in the back. I fit fine. Four adults would be very comfortable in this vehicle.

Not too much luggage capacity,but a roof rack came with, I can remove the rear seats. It is a mini-SUV,but not big & bulky. Handles very nimbly and accelerates nicely off the line.

One problem I have involves the performance equation. I seem to be getting around 21 mpg. I would either like 4 or 5 more mpg or more power. Time will tell & I am going to use the vehicle for work & be by myself. I feel I will not be real happy with the power with a full load of 4 adults.
Condition: New