Read Reviews (24) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2003 Chevrolet Impala

View all reviews by shack12345

Attention Olds / GM Owners - Loaded Impala for less than $20,000

by shack12345:      May 26, 2003

Pros: Very quiet and smooth ride. Roomy interior and like fold-down rear seat
Cons: None noticed.
The Bottom Line: With a little work, you can pick up a great car for around $20,000 out the door.

I like this car a lot but I am going to talk about pricing in this review.

I have a 99 Intrigue that I really like but it is approaching 100,000 miles and it will become a "kids" car. I set out with a target price of $20,000 and I was able to get it*. I wanted an LS but the dealer had a loaded L with the bigger engine, anti-lock, XM radio, etc. The color I got was Capucino Frost - looks like Pearl White - and it is a great color.

After approaching a number of dealers on-line in the Minneapolis Areas, I was able to locate one who was willing to go $2300 off of the MSRP, so I used this figure when I began searching for my actual car. I found my model for $25,600. Coupled with the $3,000 rebate offer, I lowered the price from $25,600 to $20,300.

* I also carry the GM Card and had $1200 built up in points, plus since I had purchased a 99 Olds Intrigue, I also found that I still have a valid Olds Loyalty certificate worth another $1,000 toward a GM purchase ( $1,500 for an Olds)

Thus I lowered my cost from $20,300 to $18,100. Adding back in 6.5% for Minnesota State Sales Tax and more for tax and title, my final price was $19,854.00 out the door.

If you own an Olds , call the Olds hotline to see if you have a valid Olds Loyalty Certificate. I spoke to them and they furnished me with a certificate number. When I went to the dealer, rather than handing them the certificate, Olds told me to tell the Chevy Dealer to call them with the certificate number. Olds then, just faxed the certificate back to them and they took another $1,000 off the car - so you don't need to be in physical possession of the certificate.

As I said at the beginning, I like this car. Before this, I owned the 99 Intrigue and before that, a 95 Lumina. If you are a current GM owner, check to see if you got a valid certificate and you can get a great car for around $20,000 - and the extra $1,000 will help offset those back end costs of tax, title, and registration. Good luck!
Amount Paid (US$): $19,854