Read Reviews (24) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2003 Chevrolet Impala

View all reviews by mattman65

Pleasantly Surprised

by mattman65:      Feb 7, 2003

Pros: Acceleration with 3.4 motor is acceptable, roomy, huge trunk, great in rain and snow.
Cons: Fuel mileage is ok; rear end styling is a little odd
The Bottom Line: Final word is if you need reliable, roomy transportation and a reasonable price, this is it.

I finally had to give in and buy a dependable family car. I didn't want an SUV because of fuel mileage issues but I wanted front wheel drive and roominess. Checked out the Taurus, Impala and Intrepid. Got the best deal on the Chevy and the dealership really treated me nice (that was probably the major selling point right there, not once did the Chevy salesman refer to me as 'pal', 'buddy' or 'hey guy'). Plus they really crunched numbers to get the car for me at what I pretty much wanted to pay. The finance guy was even nice. No pressure what so ever. They all treated me and my family with respect. I've had my share of fast cars, Mustang GTs, a Z28, etc.. so I was pretty worried about getting a 'family car'. Didn't really want to spend the money to upgrade to the LS with the 3.8L, but honestly, for the driving I do, the 3.4L is just fine. It's got a little punch off the line, so I'm not disappointed.
Amount Paid (US$): 240/month