Read Reviews (25) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2003 TRAILBLAZER

View all reviews by scubaskifish

Mid size suv comes up short

by scubaskifish:      Dec 30, 2006

Product Rating: 2.0 Recommended: No

Pros: good looks,decent cargo space when rear seat is folded down
Cons: poor quality and low mileage when towing
The Bottom Line: Good looking but to many problems that are poor quality and just bad design

The LTZ was bought new for $5000.00 under sticker with no extended warranty , big mistake.
The suv had a lot of problems right a way that seems to be common, the AC switch went out on me in traffic when it was a 100 degrees. Then both tail lights went out a week apart , I replaced them , then I got a letter about recalls on them . Then the license trim needed to be replaced not once but twice. Then the fan clutch went ,all so far have been under 36,000 miles and have been taken care of under warranty. Then both mirrors went , they both started making clicking noises when going in reverse, those to were replaced .
Then both front and rear brakes went at 40,000 miles,the dealer gave me an extended power train warranty and replaced only the front , I paid for the rear.

The suv uses mobil one oil and is kept very clean.
After owning an older blazer, I dont think was chevys best attempt.

The steering is very vague at highway speed and SWAYS too much in the turns , the door handels feel very cheap and light compared to other suv's for such a heavy truck the doors dont close unless you slam them .The lack of low end torque is very dissapointing when towing my small boat or even a single snowmobile and the mileage goes from 17 to 10
Amount Paid (US$): 32,500
Condition: New
Model Year: 2003
Model and Options: trailblazer ltz , heated leather, bose 6 disc changer,sunroof
Recommended: No