Read Reviews (22) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2003 Sonata

Sonata - Junk for the price!

by hamlettm:      Aug 18, 2003

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Comfortable interior, CD player, nice dash layout
Cons: Ride, engine problems, paint, shocks, etc
The Bottom Line: Stay away from this car, it has to many problems and it's VERY slow. Not worth the warranty as they don't seem to want to honor most of it.

Paint on car chips easy, not enough layers, car floats to much on large bumps, to many engine problems after 50,000 miles, rear seats uncomfortable, BAD service for warranty repair work

I bought a Sonata with my wife, it's a 2003 version. She drives a bit and has 60,000 miles on the vehicle. She put this on the car inside of 16 months.

We have followed ALL service intervals, etc and have had NOTHING but problems with this car. The timing belt broke at 40,000 miles (VERY UNUSUAL) and it cost me over $500.00 to repair. The car had been making a squeak noise for the past 6 months prior. I asked the Hyunday service guys about it and they said it was just the A/C belt and nothing they could do. So once the timing belt broke they would not cover it even though they failed to find the problem.

The paint on the vehicle seems VERY thin like one or two coats and will chip very easy. The car has had over 4 recalls on it and the engine has some serious issues. I am not happy with this vehicle at all.
Amount Paid (US$): 16,000