Read Reviews (70) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2003 Pontiac Vibe

View all reviews by megacarlady

The Vibe is a GREAT vehicle, especially in the snow!

by megacarlady:      Jan 20, 2004

Pros: Handling in winter; price; gas mileage; spacious room - fold down seats X 3
Cons: Hard to find certain things to fit into the A/C adapter.
The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this car, especially to young families just starting out! :-)

I'm thinking previous posters may not know how to drive in the snow? or on slippery road conditions?

I have had my Vibe for almost 1 year. It will be one year in February 2004. *Knock on wood* so far things are great!! :-)

I live in the snowbelt of Ohio, near Lake Erie. We don't have snow, we have snow storms. This car, regular model, NOT the AWD model, handles great in the snow and on slippery conditions. Sure you slide and spin, but I haven't seen a car yet that doesn't! Even 4WD vehicles spin and slide in the snow and on slick roads.

I have had 4 previous cars:
1989 Pontiac Sunbird = handled remarkably well in the snow with its very heavy body.
1993 Plymouth Sundance = actually handled wonderfully in the snow.
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE = a little rough handling in the snow, but was decent, especially with the wide body that provided some grip.
AND
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier = handled TERRIBLY in the snow. Sure it got me where I needed to go in our terrible storms, but the traction control on the Cavalier caused more problems than good.

The Vibe is a good, reliable car and will get you where you need to go: snow, wind, rain or shine.

We got rear-ended in June 2003 by someone in an older car going 45 MPH! Granted there was over 1500 in damage to our car, but the Vibe held up great. We were unscaved, except for the normal whipplash and seatbelt marks (common in most, if not all, rear-enders). The state trooper even commented on how well the car had held up considering the impact!!!

So, safety ratings on the Vibe receive from me an A+++++++++++++++++!

What else to say? I like my Vibe.
Amount Paid (US$): 19,000