Read Reviews (45) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2003 Saturn VUE

View all reviews by tkindler11

Awesome small SUV

by tkindler11:      Nov 29, 2002

Pros: Gas Mileage, Safety, Maintenance Record, Useful Design, Nice Styling (totally personal opinion), Handling
Cons: Interior color selection, Lack of availability (currently)
The Bottom Line: Both my wife and I love this SUV. Give it a shot!

I bought this car on my lunch break. Ok, o it was a long lunch but the fact is this SUV impressed me. I have been putting off this purchase for over a year but putting a baby in a Stratus is not fun when you are 6'6". So, ere I was looking at the Vue fully expecting to spend 15 minutes and walk away disappointed again. 1.5 hours later and signing to buy you might ask; so what made you buy? Gas mileage is awesome. I can afford to drive the thing. Bonus there. Body design is very sleek and I find it appealing. Dent resistant sides are awesome! Go see the demo where they wack it with a rubber mallet. You'll laugh like I did if you haven't seen it before. Safety record is great for Saturn as a whole. Repair record is also commendable. Interior design is actually well thought out and very useful. I love it when designs make sense. It isn't a Ferrari but it runs smooth and drives easy. I got the V6 just in case I have to tow some toys, you know? I didn't need offroad capability since this is primarily for tooling around the suburbs. I don't need an Excursion to go to Walmart like some people. In fact, I'm going to say that most people who drive those trucks (some might say buses) never use them for half of what they are designed to be able to do. The VUE just fits my needs very well. Price is also decent and zero financing was great. I have driven everything else, literally, and this was an easy decision. Also, not having to wage the "how much is this truck" with "what do want your payment to be" war over price is sooooo refreshing. You either like it or you don't. I like it a lot.
Condition: New