Read Reviews (1) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

View all reviews by snochick_18

Hated it

by snochick_18:      Jun 19, 2006

Product Rating: 2.0 Recommended: No

Pros: The seats are big, and there's plenty of room in back seat.
Cons: Gas mileage, reliability, high horse-power with no low end torque.
The Bottom Line: If you want something expensive and pretty that doesn't really do what's advertised, this is your truck.

This truck is a money pit. Owned one for 1 year, and traded it for a 2001 Dodge. It only got between 12-14mpg, so drinking diesel is something it was good at at least.

It's got way too much horsepower, with almost no low end torque to speak of. Now who on earth thought that would make a good tow vehicle? Or have they become more concerned with show than doing the real job these days?

By the time it hit 50,000 miles, the tranny was rebuilt, the torque converter was replaced, and oh yeah, the turbo crapped out as well. All problems occurred while hauling a loaded horse trailer. And before you ask, it was only a 3 horse goosneck, with one dang horse in the back. So, not even close to laboring the truck, or at least you wouldn't think so.

On a long haul, (once again, with only one horse in the back) from Arkansas to Colorado, it spit antifreeze all over the engine compartment, and overheated again. That was the last straw. I visited the gas station 8 times on that trip, got it over the pass, filled the stupid coolant 3 or 4 times along the way, and traded it off the minute I found a Dodge dealer.

Now I finally have something that works! Funny thing is, the Ford only had 50,000 miles, where the Dodge has 97,000. And the only thing the Dodge has ever had go wrong with it is fuel injectors. Sorry, but I've switched, and I ain't ever going back to this piece of crap. Buy at your own risk.
Recommended: No