Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2004 Mazda 6

MAZDA 6 GT 2004

by steena21:      Apr 6, 2008 - Updated Apr 7, 2008

Product Rating: 2.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Sporty car, nice interior, excellent BOSE speakers
Cons: Needs improvement: CD player,heated seats, turning radius, spoiler, & transmission (replaced after 80k)
The Bottom Line: I would recommend an accord over a mazda 6. Holds car value better and more reliable. I wouldn't purchase this car again or recommend it.

I bought this car because of it's stylish look and great interior. I would definately recommend if you are interested in buying this car to purchase the extended 160,000km/7yr warranty. As I have had a few problems with this car and the dealership.

1) Transmission was slipping after 80,000k. The car would struggle to change gears causing the car to be very jerky. Warranty covered the transmission and replaced it with a new one. Although, when I asked the dealership about why my transmission went after only 80,000k the first person told me it was because the transmission fluid hadn't been changed. The second person told me it was because it was a faulty engine. Who knows...?

2) Have replaced the BOSE 6 disc CD changer twice since I bought the car in 2003. Warranty covered it the first time and replaced it with a refurbished CD player. But I had to put up a fight. Second time, I was told after 60,000k my CD player wasn't under warranty & I would have to pay $600 for a new CD player. Third time I spoke to the dealership they told me it was under warranty. But I had to pay $250 because there was a burnt CD still in the CD player. ***According to the mazda warranty it doesn't cover the CD player if you play burnt CD's. So I would be charged $250 for a refurbished CD player. Even though, the first time they replaced my CD player it had 6 burnt CDs still in it. Note: Mp3's also don't work in CD player.

3) Replaced battery after 50,000k. Because of a recall on the engine fan. It was coming on when the car was off and draining the battery life. Warranty did not replace battery even though it was linked to the recall. Paid $185 to replace the battery.

!!!!NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!!!!

*This car does not have a good turning radius. Hard to park car. Need to do a 3 or 4 point turn to get in and out of a parking space.
**Spoiler on the trunk is very heavy and have to close trunk carefully for it not to smash down. Spoiler blocks the rear view mirror. Making it hard to see. Would recommend to get this car without a spoiler.
****I dislike the heated seats. They take too long to heat up (10-15minutes in the winter). Heated seats get way to warm for comfort and need to be turned off.
*****The controls for the power windows, CD player and AC can be very confusing at first for the driver and passengers. It definately takes some getting use too.
Amount Paid (US$): 40,000