Read Reviews (8) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2004 Impreza

View all reviews by katana_burner

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

by katana_burner:      Jul 30, 2010

Pros: Lightning fast, strong body, responsive, reliable, quick to stop, quiet interior, HID lighting.
Cons: Good gas mileage but not great.
The Bottom Line: If you want performance and reliabilty, the 2004 STi is definately the way to go!

Shock and awe are two ways to describe the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. In my personal experience I have found that this car not only handles well on the tarmac and track but also in our heavy snow. Especially when you utilize the differential settings via switch.

I bought my 04 STi in October of 2009 cause for me the price was finally right to own one. I got it for $13,000 out the door. I planned to spend about $20,000 but since I saved so much I decided to use the extra for some "fun" on my Impreza.

The 2004 Subaru Impreza STi can seat four standard adults comfortably and five small adults semi comfortably. The trunk is large enough to hold most items like suitcases, boxes, subwoofer, ect. But the main feature of this monster is the turbo charged 2.5 liter engine! Unlike it's smaller brother the WRX which used a 2.0 liter engine in 2004 this beast has 300HP!

A standard Subaru STi comes with a 2.5 liter DOHC boxer engine, HID lights, Brembo brakes, BBS performance rims, a massive spoiler to match the rest of the body kit, intercooler sprayer system for the STi intercooler, differential control system, remote key lock, suede like seats, Momo/STi steering wheel, Sparco/STi bucket seats and NO RADIO. You'll have to get your own radio unless your used Subaru came with one.

I feel that my 2004 STi was also a great buy cause of the upgrades that happened with my left over money. A year later I installed a new 2.7 liter DOHC Crawford Performance engine, a larger Garrett turbo, a Magnaflow exhaust while still using the stock muffler (wanted her to be quiet somewhat), a DVD player system, racing NKG spark plugs and much more! I guess what I'm trying to say here is also that this car is VERY easy to upgrade and the car itself is quite forgiving!
Amount Paid (US$): 13,000