AXE Shower Gel, Cool Metal, 12 oz. Reviews

AXE Shower Gel, Cool Metal, 12 oz.

2 consumer reviews

Axe Cool Metal Shower Gel

Oct 10, 2011 (Updated Oct 10, 2011)

Pros:Crisp, clean smell; Cooling menthol.

Cons:Doesn't cut through grease and oil as quickly as Snake Peel.

The Bottom Line: Not only does it work well and smell great, but the cooling sensation is really refreshing. Try it!

Axe Shower Gels

When Axe Snake Peel was first introduced in 2008, I saw commercials on television and advertisements in magazines for it all the time. I was always a bar soap user as opposed to shower gels, but it looked interesting and I decided to give it a try. I really liked it, and made the switch from bars of soap to shower gel after only a few uses. As the variety of Axe shower gels and deodorants got larger and larger I decided I would try a bunch of different kinds and see if I liked any of the others even more than I liked the Snake Peel.

I really liked the cutting power of Axe Snake Peel. It works so well that you don't have to use a washcloth or the Axe Detailer Shower Tool to get thoroughly clean. The micro beads are slightly abrasive and really grind the crud off. Unfortunately, I discovered that many of the other Axe shower gel varieties do not have the same type of scrubbing micro beads in them, and sometimes they don't work quite as well. They still get the job done, but it requires more scrubbing.

Cool Metal

The Axe Cool Metal Shower Gel doesn't have the micro beads in it like the Snake Peel, but when the label says "Fine Quartz and Zinc" it isn't lying. If the Snake Peel scrubbing beads are like a coarse grit sandpaper, the Cool Metal is like extra fine grit. While it doesn't cut through grease, motor oil or day-old deodorant quite as well as the Snake Peel, it still does an excellent job. The particles in the Cool Metal shower gel are really fine, so it feels really smooth and creamy on your skin. This is a totally different sensation than the coarse sandy feeling you get when using the Snake Peel variety. The liquid itself is relatively thick, and is a distinctive silver color. It works better than the Lever 2000 or the Dial bar soaps I used to use, but it doesn't leave the dry film behind that many bar soaps do.

It also is truly cooling, due to the menthol in it. If you've ever used a mint/menthol/cooling dandruff shampoo, you know what the cooling sensation feels like. Like a smaller scale version of Icy Hot. The Axe Cool Metal shower gel leaves you with that same feeling, and it's very refreshing. It lathers up real nice but not excessively, and rinses off cleanly.

As for the scent, it's a little hard to describe. It's crisp and adventurous with just a touch of minty goodness, but it's a little more muted and mellow than some of the other Axe shower gel varieties. Strong smells bother me a little bit, but I really enjoy the scent of Axe Cool Metal.

Axe Cool Metal shower gel comes in a lightweight plastic bottle. It has finger grips on one side, which helps to keep you from dropping it in the shower if you're hands are covered in shampoo or shower gel. The flip top cap is easy to open and closes tight. My only qualm is that you can't place the bottle upside down when it gets low because the top isn't flat.

Ingredients

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, PPG-9, Menthol, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quartz Powder, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

COOL METAL Shower Gel ~NEW & UNUSED~ 12 oz ~fine quartz + zinc~

Brand New in Box Axe Axe Shower Gel, Cool Metal, 12 oz Bottle (Pack of 6) Description 12 oz Bottle Fine Quartz + Zinc