Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Strawberries Anti bacterial Dep Clean Hand Soap 2013 (667531504607)

Real Strawberry Scent: Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Strawberries Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap

May 4, 2013

Pros:Great scent; cleans hands well; rinses cleanly; concentrated; attractive packaging

Cons:Could be more moisturizing

The Bottom Line: This is a great hand soap with the scent of real fresh strawberries.

I have been a big fan of the Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Hand Soaps since they first came out last year. At that time, they had several scents, including Watermelon, Strawberries, Cherries and a couple of others. I picked up the Strawberries scent and liked it so much that when it came back this year, I bought another.

Product Details:

This hand soap is one of the deep cleansing varieties, meaning that it has "scrubby" particles in it that make it a bit more able to clean tougher dirt from hands. It is a red gel-like consistency with little clear and dark blue particles. It comes in the standard 8 oz. clear plastic pump bottle.

From BathandBodyWorks.com: Bring home the harvest with juicy soaps inspired by farmer's market faves! This powerful germ-killing hand soap is enriched with an exclusive moisturizing blend to help hydrate and soften skin, leaving hands clean and sweetly scented with ripe strawberries.

This year, in addition to the Strawberries scent, the Fresh Picked line includes Apples, Apple Blossoms, Tangerines, Lemons, Pears, Wildberries, First Blooms and Garden Herbs.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Water, TEA-lauryl sulfate, propylene glycol, alcohol denat., lauramide DEA, fragrance, shea butter, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, honey extract, bambusa vulgaris leaf/stem extract, coconut fruit extract, olive fruit extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, panthenol, sunflower seed oil, acacia senegal gum, gelatin, glycerin, xantham gum, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polyethylene, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, tetrasodium EDTA, benzophenone-4, triethanolamine, methylchloroisothazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, ultramarines, red 33, yellow 5.

My Experience:

This hand soap looks nice sitting on the kitchen sink, especially at this time of the year (getting close to strawberry season). I like Bath & Body Works' hand soap packaging - the labels on the bottles are always attractive.

The scent of Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap in the Fresh Picked Strawberries scent is dead on. It smells like fresh strawberries....sweet but also a bit tart. There is no fake, candy-ish scent here. I am very pleased with this scent. It smells good while I am washing my hands with it and for a little while after I am done washing my hands.

This hand soap also cleans my hands very well and does a good job of getting rid of onion and other strong odors as well. It definitely does a better job than drugstore liquid hand soaps! It rinses away cleanly and does not leave a residue on my hands.

This product is not really moisturizing at all, so for me, it is a product that I use more in the spring, summer and fall. During the winter I need a more moisturizing hand soap and tend to use Bath & Body Works' Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soaps during the winter months. This hand soap doesn't really dry out my hands, though, but it just does not add moisture.

There is 8 oz. of soap in the bottle, so it does last for about a month here in our house. I would say that this hand soap is pretty concentrated, so a little goes a long way. Just half of a pump makes plenty of lather and is definitely enough to clean my hands.

One thing I wanted to mention as well is that there is an expiration date printed on the anti-bacterial hand soaps. The ones that I purchase always have an expiration date that is about two years away.

All in all, I love this hand soap and would buy it again if it were still available. I do not know how long Bath & Body Works will keep this hand soap around, so I would recommend stocking up if you like this product.

Price and Purchasing Information:

Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Strawberries Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
has a regular price of $5.50 but it is very frequently on sale for 4 for $15 or 6 for $20.

Bath And Body Works fresh Picked Body Lotion You Choose

Bath And Body Works fresh Picked Body Lotion You Choose

(2)BATH AND BODY WORKS FRESH PICKED BODY LOTION 12 Oz HONEY APPLE CRISP 12oz PEAR 12oz TANGERINE 12oz Please read the listing closely to be sure of wh...

Bath & Body Works Shower Gel You Pick Scent Free Shipping

Bath & Body Works Shower Gel You Pick Scent Free Shipping

Bath Body Works Shower Gel 10 oz. (Fresh Picked Pears is 16 oz)FREE SHIPPING
Bath & Body Works Shower Gel You Pick Scent Free Ship

Bath & Body Works Shower Gel You Pick Scent Free Ship

Bath Body Works Shower Gel 10 oz. (Fresh Picked Apples is 16 oz)FREE SHIPPING
Bath & Body Works Huge Travel Size 31 Piece Lot All Discontinued & Items

Bath & Body Works Huge Travel Size 31 Piece Lot All Discontinued & Items

You are bidding on a brand new Bath Body Works 31 piece HUGE Travel Size lot. All of the items are new and unused all of these items have been discont...

Bath & Body Works Body Cream For Women You Pick & Choose

Bath & Body Works Body Cream For Women You Pick & Choose

Bath Body Works Body Cream (Old Packaging) Fragrance selection includes: Enchanted Orchid Calypso orchids enhanced by elusive violets and delicate whi...

1 Bath & Body Works 10 Ounce Aromatherapy Body Wash Foam U Pick

1 Bath & Body Works 10 Ounce Aromatherapy Body Wash Foam U Pick

Fresh from Bath & Body Works for your consideration is 1 Full size 10 ounce Aromatherapy Body Wash/Foam Bath

Bath & Body Works U-pick Soft Shower Sponge Loofah Spring Colors

Bath & Body Works U-pick Soft Shower Sponge Loofah Spring Colors

Try-The-Best-of-This-Y ear American Grocery Household Supplies All food items are New Fresh International Shipping Available Bath Body Works U-Pick Co...

1 Bath & Body Works 8 Ounce Body Splash Fragrance Mist Pick Choose From List

1 Bath & Body Works 8 Ounce Body Splash Fragrance Mist Pick Choose From List

Fresh from Bath & Body Works for your consideration is 1 Full size 8 ounce body splash / mist Select the one you would like from the drop-down menu ab...

5 Bath & Body Works Weekend Apple Picking Pocketbac Antibacterial Hand Gel Fall

5 Bath & Body Works Weekend Apple Picking Pocketbac Antibacterial Hand Gel Fall

Try-The-Best-of-This-Y ear American Grocery Household Supplies All food items are New Fresh International Shipping Available Bath Body Works PocketBac...

Bath & Body Works Fragrant Waters Edt Shimmer Roll On 28oz Women You Pick Scent

Bath & Body Works Fragrant Waters Edt Shimmer Roll On 28oz Women You Pick Scent

BATH BODY WORKS FRAGRANT WATERS EDT or SHIMMER ROLL ON Fragrances include: Japanese Cherry Blossom *EDT* Winter White Citrus *Shimmer* Winter White Co...