-33%

+$7.00 shipping BeallsFlorida.com

Good for Beginners

Jul 31, 2012
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Cheap, easy to assemble.

Cons:Hard to clean, short cord, and yields little juice.

The Bottom Line: A beginner juicer will get a lot of good use out of this juicer. If you are a person who juices frequently, do not get this juicer.

I have wanted my own juicer for a LONG time.  After watching more and more of my friends get juicers, and the numbers on my scale skyrocket, I decided enough was enough.  I searched on Amazon and found this little baby on sale for just under thirty bucks, and with free shipping!

My juicer finally arrived, and I was extremely excited!  I ran out to Aldi's and bought almost twenty dollars worth of fruits and vegetables.  I got home, quickly assembled my juicer (which was incredibly easy; I didn't even need the instructions), and was about to shove the first bit of veggies in there when BAM!  Much to my surprise, I was greeted with the world's smallest and most oddest shape hole for the fruits and veggies to go in.

Not only is the opening extremely small, but it is shaped like a kidney.  There is no fruit or vegetable that I know of that can naturally fit in that bizarre opening.  I quickly chopped up some fruits and vegetables, and then went to work.

I decided to start with kale, as it is small I can squish it into the opening easy.  Now, I know that kale, as a leafy green, won't yield a lot of juice, but this juicer was EXTREMELY liberal with the amount of juice it gave me.  I used nearly half the bag of kale, re-run the pulp through the opening, and still, I didn't get more than about two teaspoons worth of juice.

Growing frustrated, I moved on to apples.  They gave me more juice, but not as much as I would have gotten from a fancier juicer.  Because the hole was so small, I had to dice the apple into little cubes to get any part of it in at all.

After juicing several more fruits and veggies, I had a small glass of juice.  Not a lot of juice considering how much food I went through, but I drank it and enjoyed the flavor.

Now it was time to clean up the juicer.  A warning to any lazy people who don't like cleaning: this juicer is not for you.  This juicer is extremely difficult to clean.  The pulp container was fine to clean, and so where a few other plastic parts, but the metal grater that juices the fruits and vegs themselves was a NIGHTMARE!

Being careful not to cut myself, I scrubbed furiously at that thing, trying to get rid of the bits of pulp that were clinging to the side of its metal netting.  After a few minutes, I gave up and threw it in the sink to soak (no soap.  I couldn't imagine the nightmare of getting the soap out of that thing).

All in all, it is a good juicer for a beginner.  Cheap, easy to assemble, etc., but if you are a serious juicer, I would invest in something more expensive.

Juice Extractor to Juice Your Way to Health Gain all the benefits of vitamin-packed juices from your favorite fresh fruits and vegetables right from y...
Kmart
Find juicers at Target.com! This black & decker juice extractor incorporates sleek upright design, functionality, and power. Juice extraction allows y...

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Sleek Upright space-saving design takes up less counter space 10 oz. Juice Container Juice large quantities at ...
Home Depot
Black & Decker JE2200B Fruit And Veggie Juice Extractor
B & D Deluxe Juice Extractor
Black And Decker Je2200b juice Extractor, Black UPC: 050875804753 Mfg Part#: JE2200B Vendor: Black and Decker
Black & Decker JE2200B Black & Decker Deluxe Juice Extractor
Black & Decker JE2200B Juice Extractor will make quick work of your favorite fresh fruits & vegetables. This powerful 400 watt juicer features a 300-m...
BeallsFlorida.com
B & D Deluxe Juice Extractor
The Black & Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor with Pulp Collector is great for your health and your budget and includes convenient fe...
Shop by Brand Airhead Armarkat Benchmark Bindaboo Bushnell COP Security Denaq Dream Baby Dress Up America Garmin Instep Kwik Tek Majestic Pet Mongoose...
Black & Decker JE2200B 400-Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor with Custom Juice Cup