Black & Decker LDX112C Drill/Driver (00885911221757) Reviews

Black & Decker LDX112C Drill/Driver (00885911221757)

Are you really serious about buying the Black & Decker LDX112C Lithium Cordless Electric drill?

Jan 1, 2012

Pros:Good stamina, Recharges fast, has Lithium-ion battery and charger included.

Cons:Plastic frame may cause problems later in life

The Bottom Line:

Two thumbs up! The Black & Decker LDX112C 12VMax Lithium-ion Cordless Drill is a very nice tool to give that computer geek or handyman!

My favorite Christmas Gift for 2011 has to be the Black & Decker LDX112C 12VMax Lithium-ion Cordless Drill. The cordless electric drill filled an important hole in my solar array toolbox so my hopes were immensely high for it. In this review, you will follow along as I test the drill and found out what it can really do.

How much raw cutting power can you expect to get from the 12VMax LDX112C drill?

How long does it take to recharge the LCS12 12VMax Lithium-Ion battery pack?

Should you buy the Black & Decker Lithium Powered cordless drill?

Read On To Find Out!

Cordless Lithium-Ion Drill Packaging
The 10.5” x 2.5” x 2.5” cardboard box resembles a miniature brief case, complete with a handle at the top and a reclosable design that allows me to keep my LDX112C 12VDC cordless drill safe while not in use. Upon opening the sturdy and portable box, I found the cordless drill wrapped in a clear plastic bubble wrap bag. The bag protected the cordless drill from any harm while it traveled from the factory to my Christmas tree. The LB12 13.2Wh Lithium-ion battery and LCS12 12VMax battery charger are also included and protected in their own brown cardboard, miniature boxes.

Also inside the box you will find a detailed, 40 page instruction manual which covers the warranty and operation of this Black & Decker cordless electric drill.

Lithium Powered Drill Features
A ten position Torque Control adjustment collar allows you to set the right amount of force while tightening screws. The keyless chuck is made of solid metal has integrated hand grips to allow you to quickly dial-in your bits while using this cordless drill. Just above the trigger is a bright white LED work-light that comes on when you pull the trigger. In addition to all these features, the base of the drill also has a combination Philips and Flathead metal bit that snaps into place on the bottom of the base.

How Big Is The Black & Decker Lithium LDX112C Electric Drill?
Sitting upright on a workbench, the drill stands approximately 8 1/4” tall x 7” long x 2 1/4” wide. The drill itself with battery installed weighs about 2lbs. The core body of the drill is made of plastic with the forward chuck comprised of metal. The ergonomic design of the handle fits my hand like a glove, giving me plenty of control while operating it. Black rubber grips on the handle increase the comfort level. My concern is the plastic frame of this drill. You can tap on it and hear a weak hollow sound. I fear dropping this drill while on a ladder working outside on the solar array.

How Much Power Does The LDX112C Cordless Drill Have?
I have needed a cordless electric drill for a long time so that I can quickly punch holes in the aluminum support brackets for the polycrystalline solar panels in my yard. Having a portable drill will also prevent me from dragging heavy extension cords all across my lawn when working on my various renewable energy projects.

To test the drilling power and longevity of the Lithium-ion battery pack, I drilled multiple 3/4” holes in a Tallow tree that was blocking my solar panels. The bit came from the Black & Decker 71-536 13 Piece 1/4-Inch to 1-1/2-Inch Spade Drill Bit Assortment so I knew it could cut through almost any type of wood. The LDX112C could only cut a hole 5” deep into the soft wood of the Tallow tree in less than 30 seconds. Next, I went into my garage and pulled out a Dewalt DW1924 3/8" Gold Ferrous Oxide Pilot Point Drill Bit which cuts through steel and wood easily with the Black & Decker DR550 7 Amp 1/2-Inch VSR Drill/Driver. I used the Lithium-Ion cordless drill to cut a hole through an section of aluminum channel on my polycrystalline solar array rack. Finally, to fully consume the battery pack, I placed the 3/4” spade drill bit back in the chuck and drilled another six holes in the tallow tree. The last hole took a few retries because the battery kept cutting off the drill. I was very impressed with the longevity of the battery pack.

Recharging The LB12 12V Max Type 1 13.2Wh Lithium-ion Battery
The cordless drill runs for what seems like forever on the Lithium 12V battery given the amount of work it can do. However, eventually it must be recharged. After the battery is depleted the drill will stop spinning but the LED work-light will come on. I guess this is a nice feature if you need a flashlight when working at night with your cordless power tool.

Total Lithium-ion LB12 recharge time: 3 hours 12 minutes

Conclusion
The Black & Decker LDX112C Cordless drill taught me an important lesson. Low-end cordless Lithium-ion drills can perform surprisingly well for occasional use. You should know that there are higher torque and longer-run-time cordless drills out there, but this drill has demonstrated it can get the job for those occasional heavy duty odd jobs. I recommend this drill for any household handy-man on your Christmas or Birthday shopping list!

Black & Decker Ldx112c-2 Max Lithium Drill/driver With 2 Batteries Bundle

Black & Decker Ldx112c-2 Max Lithium Drill/driver With 2 Batteries Bundle

The Black & Decker LDX112C cordless drill lets you work without entangling you in wires. The anti-slip soft grip handle of this Black & Decker cordles...

Black & Decker Ldx112c 12v Li-ion 3/8 Cordless Drill/driver -

Black & Decker Ldx112c 12v Li-ion 3/8 Cordless Drill/driver -

Black & Decker LDX112C 12V MAX Lithium Drill/Driver with Exposed Gear Box

Black & Decker LDX112C 12V MAX Lithium Drill/Driver with Exposed Gear Box

Find powered hand tools at Target.com! Black & decker ldx112c 12v max lithium drill/driver with exposed gear box

Black & Decker LDX112C 12V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion Drill Driver

Black & Decker LDX112C 12V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion Drill Driver

12V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion Drill Driver - LDX112C. 12V MAX Battery - LB12. Charger - LCS12. Double-Ended Bit Tip
CPO Black and Decker

Black & Decker Ldx112c 12-volt Lithium Drill/driver

Black & Decker Ldx112c 12-volt Lithium Drill/driver

Black & Decker Ldx112c 12-volt Max Lithium-ion Drill/driver

Black & Decker Ldx112c 12-volt Max Lithium-ion Drill/driver

buckeyetool Store Black Decker LDX112C 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver Lithium battery holds a charge 5x longer and has a longer life year after ...

Black & Decker Ldx112c Drill/driver Cordless Drill - Driver Drill - 0.38 Chuck