Blacula (DVD, Soul Cinema) Reviews

Blacula (DVD, Soul Cinema)

Blacula

Oct 5, 2000

Pros:You'll like it, if you like corny horror movies

Cons:Just doesn't scare me anymore

William Marshall stars, as our black Dracula, in this horrid tale. It all begins, when by mistake, he is awakened and is lonely. But, most of all, it tells the tale, of a man, that is made by The Count himself!

One by one, he woes them, until he thinks he has found a reincarnation of his true love. We see 1970's visuals, with the fake fangs, the big afro's and the poor script. But, it was an opening for other black films in the era as well.

This movie had a sequel "Scream Blacula Scream" which wasn't as good as this one. Literally, it had all the same ideas, that Dracula had. He was always thirsty, killing people, and wanting to find his solemate. After awhile he gets away with it.

But, as the characters in the film get smarter, they kill him off. Yes, it's cheesy and corny, what ever you will call it. I remember watching it on the big screen, waiting for this big man to come and suck my blood. It's not great, but, for it's time, it was good enough for me.

Cultivated and articulate African Prince Mamuwalde is bitten by Count Dracula as is his destiny. He develops the requisite insatiable hunger for blood...