Bosch HBL5450UC 30 in. Electric Cooktop Reviews

Free Shipping AJ Madison
$2,198.90
Free Shipping HomeClick

Reliability problems

Sep 23, 2008 (Updated Sep 23, 2008)

Pros:Looks good and convection works well.

Cons:Very disappointing reliability. Disappointed with Bosch national support.

The Bottom Line: Call Bosch first (1-800-944-2904) and ask if and how they will stand by the product.

Purchased from Universal Appliance (http://universalakb.reachlocal.com) in January 2008. The oven failed by May with a computer error code E118 and would not run.

Bosch customer service (available only daylight eastern time) could not identify the code over the phone and required an authorized service agent. That rep came out and identified a fan sensor error. He replaced the sensor and the oven failed in the same way a few days later. He returned, and replaced fan and board. The oven worked until September (another 5 months) and failed with same error.

I called Bosch and asked what they intended to do with multiple repeated failures, and what service they would provide when my 1 year warranty expired. Got a manager on the phone, who said that they would handle this on a case-by-case basis after the end of warranty (i.e., they would decide at that time whether to back the product against these defects). He suggested that I purchase a 5 year warranty. This is unacceptable. An oven clearly should have a trouble free life span of more than four months.

The retailer (http://universalakb.reachlocal.com was much more ethical and responsive and assured me that if the problem continued, he would give me an exchange or replacement, or at least a free five year warranty.

Check out the interesting reviews at http://www.my3cents.com/productReview.cgi?company=Bosch. I wish I had done so.

caveat emptor

Bosch Single Wall Oven HBL540UC. Ergonomic retractable dials combined with Touch Control on glass with an amber full text display. Largest cavity with...
AJ Madison
Approval certificates: CSA Bake Element Wattages cavity 1 (W): 2000 kW Broil Element Wattages cavity 1 (W): 3600 W Cavity type: Shelf support rails Cl...
HomeClick